We love when a kitchen before-and-after makes us do a double-take, so we’ve handpicked five kitchen makeovers that deliver the wow factor in spades. Whether you’re dreaming of a down-the-road project or in the thick of planning your kitchen renovation, these kitchen transformations are sure to inspire.
- Upgrade your kitchen surfaces for beauty and function. Blogger Maria Vizuete made smart swaps for a gorgeous kitchen renovation, including Brittanicca Warm as a stunning waterfall-edge island and sweeping backsplash. She wanted a high-performing marble alternative for a fuss-free space that worked for her family, including a husband who loves to cook and dogs who hang out in the kitchen. “We kept coming back to Cambria because their designs were beautiful and their quality was unmatched,” she says. Replacing the dark granite countertops with these white quartz countertops created a glam look that’s both current and timeless. Refacing the honey oak cabinets allowed for an airy, white palette with crown molding above the upper cabinetry. Other updates include glass pendant lights, a farmhouse sink, and new appliances. See more of the kitchen renovation on her blog, MiaMiaMine.
Love the look? Explore more installs featuring Brittanicca, a cooler toned design with similar movement.
Goodbye granite! A Brittanicca Warm™ waterfall island and backsplash transform an outdated kitchen to light, bright, and glam.
- Play with a rich color palette. Infusing bold color into your kitchen is a trend-forward way to transform a space. Painted kitchen cabinets in rich hues like navy, cobalt blue, or deep green pair beautifully with white countertops for chic contrast. We love how style blogger Will Taylor of Bright Bazaar perfected a coastal look for his beach cottage kitchen renovation. “I love how the Cambria Torquay Matte countertops contrast with the rich navy cabinetry,” he says. “Plus, the countertops are 100% nonporous so there are no stains if I spill my wine.” Adding a peninsula island to the kitchen layout added more surface space for a stylish breakfast nook featuring cool gray cabinetry. Custom cabinetry panels over the appliances give the small kitchen a streamlined look and make it feel more spacious. The navy, gray, and white kitchen palette is complemented with woven rope barstools, apron sink, oak hardwood floor, brass hardware, and pendant island lights.
This space went from boring to beachy-chic with new Torquay Matte™ countertops and two-toned cabinetry.
- Combine design styles for a custom look. In her kitchen renovation, Kate Arends of Wit & Delight wanted to maximize the space and showcase her style sensibilities while still preserving the character of her home. By incorporating modern accents into a traditional design, she achieved the perfect “old-meets-new” vibe. Her new kitchen features traditional cabinetry, contemporary lighting, floating wood shelves, subway tile backsplash, and Cambria Ella. The countertops were a big decision for her remodel. “My ultimate goal was to figure out what countertops will be hardworking enough to handle all of the spills and chaos that go into food preparation, but still work within the design aesthetic I wanted,” she says. “While I love the look of marble, we made the right decision going with quartz from Cambria… Ella has a clean, simple design that paired nicely with the rest of the kitchen.” She also likes the benefits of Cambria countertops: “Our new countertop doesn’t stain or scratch… and quartz is completely nonporous, unlike some of the other materials we were considering (granite and concrete), which means no worries about bacteria.” See the full farmhouse renovation on Wit & Delight.
Wit & Delight’s kitchen renovation blends traditional with contemporary, including timeless Ella™ countertops for a marble look.
- Get inspired by the history of your home. In this barn kitchen conversion, the homeowners of the 100-year-old residence discovered an original stone wall. This inspired a rustic-industrial kitchen remodel, featuring contemporary cabinetry and sleek Brittanicca countertops paired with the stone wall backsplash focal point. The two-toned gray and white cabinets visually heighten the space while a beautiful Brittanicca island creates more prep and dining space. While the original look was outdated, dark, and lacking character, the new design brings the history of the home to the forefront for a one-of-a-kind space.
- Let in the light for an airy white kitchen renovation. It’s common to see dark kitchens renovated to be white and bright, but it’s not often you see a white kitchen needing a complete overhaul. This white kitchen from blogger Cute & Co. got a major upgrade with a kitchen island layout, Torquay countertops, hexagon tile backsplash, glass pendants, and modern appliances. “I wanted marble but it’s not practical in a kitchen,” she says. She was able to achieve the sophisticated marble look with Torquay. The original white kitchen still managed to feel dark, with a dropped ceiling, closed-off layout, and small window. Opening up the layout, removing the dropped ceiling, and making room for a larger window allowed for an airier feel with plenty of natural light. Get all the kitchen renovation details on Cute & Co and explore more Cambria Torquay kitchen looks here.
A new layout, Torquay™ countertops, and large kitchen window let the light into this white kitchen renovation.
Craving more kitchen transformations? Check out five more impressive kitchen before-and-afters and these two tiny home kitchen renovations. Gather more inspo from some of our most-liked spaces shared on Instagram.